Aquilegia McKana’s Giant Seeds
5 in stock
- One of the cottage garden’s most beautiful flowers, McKanas Giant produces long spurred blooms in a multitude of colours and combinations. The flowers have the most delicate and unusual looking appearance and make an ideal plant to have in your flower bed, reaching an approximate height of 75cm.
- This variety is also very attractive to bees and pollinators
- Sow from April to May
- Sow the seed in a well prepared nursery bed about 1cm (½”) deep in rows 15cm (6″) apart.
- Keep well watered.
- As the seedlings develop, thin gradually until they are 10cm (4″) apart. Keep weed free. Plant out into the flowering site in late September or early October 40cm (16″) apart.
- Flowers from May to June
- After flowering, cut all stems back to ground level. Most effective planted in groups of 6 plants or more.